As a Man Thinketh (version 2)
As a Man Thinketh is a literary essay of James Allen, published in 1902. The title is influenced by a verse in the Bible from the Book of Proverbs chapter 23 verse 7, “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.” The main concepts of this book as as follows:
* Men do not attract what they want, but what they are.
* A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts.
* Cherish your visions. Cherish your ideals. Cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow all delightful conditions, all heavenly environment, of these, if you but remain true to them your world will at last be built.
* The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors, that which it loves, and also that which it fears. It reaches the height of its cherished aspirations. It falls to the level of its unchastened desires - and circumstances are the means by which the soul receives its own.
* Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves, they therefore remain bound.
* Every action and feeling is preceded by a thought.
* Right thinking begins with the words we say to ourselves.
* Circumstance does not make the man, it reveals him to himself.
* You cannot travel within and stand still without.
* As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts, can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking.
(Introduction by Wikipedia)
|Foreword, Thought and Character||7:00||Read by Andrea Fiore|
|Effect of Thought on Circumstances||22:00||Read by Andrea Fiore|
|Effect of Thought on Health and the Body||5:07||Read by Andrea Fiore|
|Thought and Purpose||5:28||Read by Andrea Fiore|
|The Thought-Factor in Achievement||7:21||Read by Andrea Fiore|
|Visions and Ideals||9:01||Read by Andrea Fiore|
|Serenity||4:34||Read by Andrea Fiore|
This book gave me so many things to think about. It has challenged me to carefully examine my thought life.
Good to listen to
I think this should be required reading in high school and college. It puts one in perspective and helps self refelct. I also give thanks to the reader.
One of the best hours ever
Omar A. Muhammad, Th.M
The time I've spent listening to James Allen as a man think has been one of the best investments I've ever made in my life. Andrea Fiore is a phenomenal with. The content of this book is essential 4 the development of the human spirit. I have recommended it to everyone who will listen to me. if you cannot read anything else at least listen to chapter 4. keep going
I appreciate you taking your time to contribute all of these James Allen recordings. Applying these principles is life altering and being able to listen to the wisdom herein as I go about my work is tremendous. Your voice is very soothing and pleasant, a very good match for the literature. Thank you. I highly recommend all of the James Allen books and the voice talent.
This little book helped me realise that I fed all the anger and darkness within by what I watched, listened to and thought about. Afterwards I changed these influences and am a different person. Thank you Andrea for the reading.
An Inspiring View
The book represents many of the timeless values that every man should live by. In this modern day and age these things are often shunned in favor of more materialistic desires. The reader had a calm and steady voice, albeit somewhat monotonous. Despite that, it was still pleasant to listen to.
As a Man Thinketh
I definitely applause this book and would advise this reading to anyone who is willing to strengthen their own mind, body and soul.
all that you need to know for a happy life is given in this book...